Thursday, May 13, 2010

DAY 1 - Here We Go!

Day 1 starts with the Cleanse Phase! If you have read the instructions you will already know what food and drink you should try to eliminate from your diet during these 10 days. Remember that the goal is to be 80-90% "on" - not to be perfect! But also remember that the better you commit, the better your results will be...
The Cleanse Phase should be "uneventful" - you should be able to go to work and do your normal routine as always. Some people find that they feel a little yucky during the first few days - I did not experience this, but this can be normal...the body is doing some cleaning! Here is how I took the products and followed the eating regimen:

Upon waking:
Fiber Drink + Spark. I got Citrus flavor Spark and mixed these together, which I think tastes like pulpy orange juice. I still have this everyday. You do not have to have them together, I just prefer it that way. Follow the Fiber Drink with at least 8 oz. of water. I try to have twice that. Talk about full! I didn't need breakfast right away after that. I was ready to eat something about an hour later.

Breakfast:
Meal Replacement Shake. I have to say that these are the BEST tasting protein shakes I have ever had. I've made protein shakes for breakfast for years, with the blender and all the things I had to mix into it to make it tolerable to drink...the AdvoCare Meal Replacement Shake only requires water to be added. I am in love with the vanilla flavor, and I've never liked a vanilla protein shake in my life. It can be made in the blender, with a mixing wand, or shaken up in a shaker. They are thick like a milkshake, and also quite filling - I don't feel deprived or like I need anymore food with these. I love these and look forward to having one every morning. Seriously.

**DRINK WATER**

Mid-morning:
Snack time! You need to eat something no sooner than 2 hours after previously eating, and NO LATER than 4 hours after eating. This is very important. Here are some examples of some snacks that I like:
- a handful of nuts + apple wedges
- 2 or 3 hard boiled eggs chopped up with hummus (can go on top of a brown rice cake)
- veggie sticks and hummus

**DRINK WATER**

Lunchtime:
All of the meal portions should stay small, with your carb count coming in at no more than 30g per eating time. For complex carbs, like brown rice, that's about what would fit in the palm of your hand. You should have mostly vegetables and protein and a small amount of carbohydrate. I was horrified when I looked back on how much I had been eating at one time, and what that was doing to my body chemistry. Eeek!
It's TOTALLY possible to go out to eat still. I found though that what I would normally eat in one sitting was probably 2 - 3 meals worth of food. Good news - one meal became three...plan on taking part of whatever you order back to work or home!

**DRINK WATER**

Mid-afternoon:
Snack time again! This snack time is similar to Mid-morning. I also fixed myself another Spark around 2pm. I got a different flavor so it was like having a different drink. Love it.

**DRINK WATER**

Dinnertime:
Take four (4) OmegaPlex with dinner.
Again, keep the carb portion to under 30 grams - read labels! I ate vegetables like zucchini and eggplant (Trader Joes has a bag of these in the frozen section already seasoned and cooked - REALLY good), green beans, broccoli, kidney beans, and lima beans, mixed with tomatoes and sometimes topped with some goat cheese. I would also sometimes fix a small portion of brown rice or brown rice pasta - it has the same consistency as regular pasta but contains no wheat and doesn't give you that barfy full feeling that eating regular pasta can give you.

**DRINK WATER**

Additional Snacktime:
If you are still hungry, you can have another snack later - just make sure it's been a few hours since you had dinner.

Bedtime:
Take the Cleanse Tablets that come in the Herbal Cleanse box.


You should try to drink water mostly in between meals. Try to drink small amounts of liquid with meals, but large amounts in between. This keeps the stomach acid from getting diluted when you eat so that it can do its job of breaking down the food you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment